Master thesis (Materials Engineering Program)
- NEW CALL FOR THESIS – Advanced bike helmet with a graded foam structure, in collaboration with Materias and a major bike helmet producer
- Artificial Intelligence in the Foaming Process, in collaboration with the Bottega della Materia Soffice and Prisma Lab
- Bubbles and crystal nucleation in PLA, in collaboration with IPCB (Pozzuoli); co-advisor: Alessandra Longo
- Foam setting mechanisms, an industrially relevant project addressed to with scientific-sound arguments, in collaboration with Rossana Pasquino and Salvatore Costanzo
- 2D heterostructures via manipulation of liquid films; co-advisor: Paolo Iaccarino
- Photo-foam: foamed 2D substrates for perovskites; co-advisors: Prof. A. Abate, G. Nasti and L. Miele
- Single-polymer sandwich structures, in collaboration with Materias
- NeaPizza: a new technology to produce foamed food; co-advisors: Prof. Nino Grizzuti and Prof. Rossana Pasquino
- University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain: Foaming of thermosetting and thermoplastic polyers, in cooperation with Prof. Miguel Ángel Rodríguez Pérez.
- Technical University Bergakademie of Freiberg, Freiberg, Germany: Physical properties of polymer gas solution at high pressure via Raman spectroscopy, in cooperation with Prof. Andreas Braeuer.
- University of Bayreuth, Bayreuth, Germany: Foaming of thermoplastics by extrusion and injection molding, in cooperation with Prof. Volker Altstädt.
please send an email to make an appointment for the Master thesis.
Bachelor thesis (Materials Science and Engineering Program)
here it is difficult to list the available topics: in the bachelor thesis, the student has to compile information from recent as well as settled literature on any subject within materials science and engineering. therefore, we typically select together with the student a topic and some research papers and then the student processes the information in the form of a 30 pages paperwork to be discussed with the program coordinator. “Processing” means consolidating the basic definitions and concepts which are typically not throughtfully reported in the paper (as it is trivial, for insiders), digesting the discussion of the results reported in the paper and foreseeing the exploitation of the research.
students willing to assist the activities in the lab may refer to the list of available Master thesis, above.
please send an email to make an appointment for the Bachelor thesis.